(不!你只会叫我编造一些无聊的故事,然后假想一切都安好,直到
我不是瞎子,我也不要被当作傻瓜了。)
Mrs Snow: i am afraid it's all the work of the ticking crocodile, isn't it?
Time is chasing after all of us, isn't that right?
(我想是那鳄鱼的功劳,不是吗?时间一直在追赶着我们,不是吗?)
J.M Barrie: Sit down, Peter.
(坐下吧。)
Peter D.: Mother pasted it back together after i ruined it. and then i saw the play.
i just started writing and i haven't been able to stop.
(我把本子毁了后,妈妈都把它粘好了。我看过那场戏了。
我又开始写了,我会继续写下去,不会半途而废。
J.M. Barrie: She would be very pleased to know that.
Listen, i've just spoken to your grandmother and i am staying for good.
(她知道你这么做,一定很高兴。我刚刚跟你祖母说了,我会永远和你们在一起。)
Peter D.: I am sorry i was so horrible.
(抱歉我刚刚态度那么差。)
J.M. Barrie: Don't worry.
(别放在心上。)
Peter D.: it's just... i thought she'd always be here.
(我只是以为,她会永远陪伴着我们。)
J.M. Barrie: So did I. But in fact, She is because she's on every page of your imagination.
You will always have her here, always.
(我也是这么想。然而,其实她一直都在,在你每一年的想像之中。
<翻着peter的本子>她会一直都在那里的。)
Peter D.: But why she had to die?
(那她为何一定要死呢?)
J.M. Barrie: I don't know, boy. When i think of your mother, I always remember how happy she looked sitting there in the parlor, watching a play about her family, about her boys that never grew up. She went to Neverland. You can visit her anytime you like, if you just go there yourself,
(孩子,我也不知道。当我想起你妈妈的时候,我就想起她坐在客厅里看关于她家庭的那出戏的时候,
里面有她永远长不大的孩子,是多么的愉悦。她去了梦幻岛。你一个人的时候,可以随时去探访她。)
Peter D.: How?
(怎么去?)
J.M. Barrie: By believing, Peter. Just believe.
(只要相信就行,Peter。只要相信。)
Peter D.: i can see her.
(我看见她了。)
J.M. Barrie: So many perfect days. I really began to believe we'd go on like that forever.
(那些和她多么美好的时光,我曾认为我们会永远那么幸福。)
Peter D.: Oh, Stop it. She wasn't going to stay with you forever.
she had a husband, my father. She never cared the way she did to him.
(噢,不要说了。她不会永远和你在一起的。
她有丈夫的,是我的父亲。她对你和对他永远是不一样的。)
J.M. Barrie: I am not trying to replace your father. i could never do that.
(我不是想要取代你爸爸的位置。我不会那么做的。)